Posted on November 13, 2009 by Louise Wightman
There is a fine line between patience and procrastination…
Which is it for you?
- Do you feel life is passing you by or are you ready to embrace life and look at life through a new set of eyes?
- Are you waiting for someone to see your brilliance within the workplace and give you a promotion?
- Or for the phone to ring with a job offer?
- Are you waiting for that lost love to “see the light?”
- Or another to rescue you?
- Are you waiting for somebody to take responsibility for the pain they are causing you?
- How long are you prepared to wait for them to change?
- Perhaps you are waiting for just the right time to start that diet or take up an exercise regime?
- Is it when the Moon is in the 7th house and Jupiter aligned with Mars?
- Are you wishing away pain and grief?
Sadly, I have some unwelcome news for you if you are sitting, waiting, wishing… There is no magic wand. Hope and Action But there is “Magic” in hope and action. Trust me, I’ve been there. I’ve wasted time willing someone to “rescue” me from the disappointment that life throws at me. I psyched myself out so much that I’ve practically thrown my brain into some 4th dimension; a kind of living hell of unmet expectations and dashed hopes. Wasting years of my life in misery and longing, I waited for my world to change. I allowed my patience to turn to rage and saw my anger morph into pity and despair.
That was until I decided to do something about it. Embrace Life I decided to change. I made a decision to “stop the insanity” and begin to count my blessings. I decided to do, think, and act differently so that I could expect different outcomes. I stopped expecting the world to act for me and I started digging my “escape tunnels” instead. I turned down the despair and turned up the creativity.
When I quit waiting for life to deliver, these wonderful things eventually came to me – out of a place of gleaming hope and zero fear I found the courage to study, to take the leap and transfer career – to shout about who I am and what I have achieved. I couldn’t have done a lot of this without my family and friends. My blood runs cold to think what life would have been like if I hadn’t had bothered to embrace life with hope and determined action. Where would I be if I had left my circumstances to chance? What have I had simply given up? Call me lucky? Well, perhaps yes!
And the definition of luck? It’s when preparedness meets opportunity.
A Gentle Warning It is vital to live in the now as you follow your dream. You can’t put life on hold until you drop the dress size, meet your dream date, or take over a large organisation. You have to get it into gear and move toward success by preparing yourself for good things to happen to you. The journey is as important as the desired destination and urgent patience must mean that you enjoy your life in its fullest whilst holding your dream deep in your heart. Press on and embrace life!